Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I promised I'd post something about the anti war activities of the past week, but it's a bit late in the evening for me to start. Last Wednesday Di and I went to an event for Pablo Paredes, a sailor who was being court martialed for refusing to board his ship. Basically, they slapped his wrist. On Sunday we attended a Code Pink anti war protest. So busy! It's exhausting being a wife and mother, Accounts Payable Technician Extrordinaire and hippie radical. ;-)

hahaha....While we were with the Code Pinkers a couple guys drove by and yelled out the window, "Way to go, hippies!" I'm still giggling over that one. It makes me want to get a pink hippie skirt to wear to Code Pink events. I saw one at Walmart, but it just seems wrong to wear something from Walmart to a Code Pink protest. Princess D needs a pink suit, pink pumps and a pillbox hat.

...but I digress....

There were some other things that were yelled in our general direction, but we won't go there.

I'll post the details about the two events. I promise. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe in installments. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home