Wednesday, June 15, 2005

In the last 24 hours I've heard both Bush and Ah-nold (on tv news...local NBC news show I believe) call Democrats obstructionists. It's kinda sweet the way those two kids share one brain.

Anyway, to the obstructionist label I say Woo and Hoo! Especially with regard to El Presidente. That's my goal. I want to obstruct the way he callously disregards the needs of anyone other than major donors or noisy religious fanatics. Tax relief, my eye. Same goes for the ironically phrased "culture of life."

I want to obstruct him from damaging Social Security, which is probably the most successful social program in the history of this country. I'm willing to hear about reforms that would make the existing system stronger but do not force me to put my savings for my rapidly approaching Golden Years into the freaking stock market. I read my retirement account statements. I'm not stupid. The only good thing is that my SS isn't in there right now. So, I do my best to obstruct his evil plan to throw people into poverty so their riches will benefit investment brokers and his corporate pals.

I'd also like to obstruct his efforts to involve himself in people's personal lives. I don't need him and his
friends to control my reproductive system. If I fall into a PVS and my brain shrinks to a mushy half of it's former self, I don't want them deciding if I live or die. The kissing up to the religious far wacked out right falls into this category too, afaic because he has no business in that sphere. Religion is personal and the government should stay out. By using religion as his public relations tool, he's screwing up what's essentially a pretty decent religion, and giving Christianity a bad name. Not to mention giving whackos a greater voice in our future. Jeez. Just. Butt. Out.

I try my best to obstruct the war in Iraq. Boo on war profiteering too.

I send $$ to the ACLU so they can work on obstructing his assaults on personal freedom, liberty, open democracy and human rights. I figure they can handle that one.

I've tried to obstruct his appointment of judges like
Williams Myers and William Pryor. They're unfit to judge.They deserve obstruction. I like my independent judiciary system so I think Democrats are supporting the constitution by obstructing his manipulation of the courts to suit his scary agenda.

So this is just a small sampling of the issues I would like to obstruct and I'm so pleased to hear it's working. I think I'll keep encouraging my legislators to continue to obstruct any actions that are harmful to the basic fabric of this nation and the world. It's a good thing to obstruct undemocratic, violent, mean-spirited, soul crushing, freedom hating policies!

I'm so proud.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home