Thursday, July 21, 2005

From the NY Times: "For at least a year before the nomination of Judge John G. Roberts to the Supreme Court, the White House was working behind the scenes to shore up support for him among its social conservative allies, quietly reassuring them that he was a good bet for their side in cases about abortion, same-sex marriage and public support for religion."

Yesterday I told my husband that between the facts of the war in Iraq and the SC nominations, the worst of my initial worries about Bush have all come true. There's more of course, but those were two biggies.

I think that's why I've not had much to say....all I really want to say is noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm still busy doing my thing. This weekend is the 3rd anniversary of the "Downing Street minutes" and CodePink is working in conjunction with afterdowningstreet.org

The goal is to bring attention to the minutes/memo because the corporate media hasn't bothered much with the story. I guess they were too busy with Michael Jackson's trial when it came to light. We have a couple things planned for the weekend. I'll report back later!

So I've been painting signs, and sending emails, and copying flyers and writing and publicizing and and and....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home