Sunday, August 21, 2005

We had our regularly scheduled rally today and about 20 people showed up. That's the best turn out since I've been going. I guess passions are inflamed on both sides of the issue since we also got more negative....ahem....gestures than usual. One guy screamed "YOU'RE ALL INSANE!!!!" as he barrelled past. Personally, I have to question the mental status of someone who does that. There's an almost scary level of anger from some of the people who disagree with us. I see bumperstickers I completely disagree with all day long, but I'd never scream at a person for expressing their foolish damned selves. In better news, a man bike passed and stopped to say, I'm a conservative but I agree with you standing out here like this, stating your opinion. I thought that was a cool thing to say to us. He didn't really agree with our sentiments, but said he respected our right to publicly express them. Would that the others were so cool headed and respectful. As always, we got lots of peace signs, thumbs up and thank yous. Much more positive than negative. All in all, it was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home