Monday, September 19, 2005

From the Washington Post:

"I might have missed something, but I don't think the president ever talked about putting a cap on the salaries of the CEOs of Halliburton and the other companies . . . who are getting all these contracts," he said in a speech at the Center for American Progress, a liberal think tank. "This president, who never met an earmark he wouldn't approve or a millionaire's tax cut he wouldn't promote, decided to slash wages for the least of us and the most vulnerable."
---John Edwards on the suspension of the Davis-Bacon Act post-Katrina.


I agree. That just frosts my cookies. How DARE he cut the wages of the people who are going to do the hard work rebuilding those cities and their lives. He's either heartless or clueless...though assuming he's one or the other gives him a lot of credit, because I'm sure both paradigms are present.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home