Monday, September 12, 2005

Hey ya.

The challenge is over, thank god. I'm tired of thinking about it. Anyway, of course the PWs kicked our butts as we knew they would. We spread the word through email and personal contacts, and did a couple fundraisers. (at Dog Beach for the Humane Society, collection at the After Crawford event, and of course some of the infamous swap meet fundraiser money). We raised a grand total of about $1,800.00. I just looked at the PW site and they're saying they raised about $11,000, which is a good thing. I knew they'd get all competitive, and wouldn't be able to resist crushing us. Fine with me. When this all started I didn't think about them spreading the word across the land, but they did. I was just thinking local since it was the local them against the local us. I didn't have any intention of doing this on behalf of CP on a wide scale. Apparently some of them think that's what we were doing. Funny. We never suggested we'd do that. One of the reasons we didn't get lots of donations was because a lot of people don't like their aggressive harrassment techniques and the moronic name calling, and wouldn't have anything to do with them. Not that I like that stuff, but we figured doing this would be a way to raise a bunch of money, take the high road with people who were giving us crap, and to get a couple of them to treat us like human beings. Trying to do the peace thang, baby.

We'll see about the reaction to the difference in money though. I figure they'll make assumptions about our employment status again.

(edit- the total Total was more in the ballpark of $15,000. I don't have exact numbers)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home