Sunday, October 02, 2005

We had plans to go to the Operation Ceasefire concert and the Peace and Justice Festival on the National Mall after the march, but we were EXHAUSTED. I got a bottle of water from the Camp Casey tent because I thought I was gonna expire from dehydration. Thanks for that! I don't think I could live on the east coast. The humidity would get to me.

C and I found a hot dog stand and grabbed at bite and a soda and sat on the grass to decide what to do. We quickly decided we were beat and need to grab some real dinner and go back to the hotel.

On Sunday I went to the Green Festival at the DC Convention Center. I'm so glad I decided to do that (even though I should have gone to lobbyist training) because it was interesting and fun! I wandering amongst the booths where they were selling fair trade goods, yummy food, environmentally sustainable products, and a host of other green goods and services. They also had some great speakers. I saw Amy Goodman, Greg Palast, Eleanor Smeal, and attended the CodePink "happening". The happening really was just that. It was a mix of politics, poetry, music and fun. The speakers included Cindy Sheehan, Anne Wright, and Dolores Huerta. Rants provided by Rha Goddess and the women of We Got Issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home