Sunday, December 04, 2005

Hi there. Today is the first Sunday of the month so CodePink San Diego will be at the usual location in Balboa Park at noon.

There's certainly been plenty of news and activities to report, but I've been remiss in my duties as a blogger. Sometime life gets overwhelming, and something has to fall to the bottom of the list. This time is was terryfaceplace's turn to be neglected. There's probably a little more neglect in the near future though, because I'm having carpal tunnel surgery right before Christmas. Unless I figure out the fine art of typing with a pencil held between my teeth, the posts here may be sparce for a few weeks.

I know that it's premature to claim success in fighting the situation in Iraq, but I've started feeling somehwat hopeful that the efforts of the anti-war community have started to pay off. It's a roller coaster of hope and despair, but the sliver of hope and possibility keep me going. It's gratifying to see events like the aforementioned Bring Their Buddies Home vigil that was held the day after Thanksgiving. The turn out was great and the people that passed by were overwhelmingly supportive. That's a big change from a year ago.

That's why keeping that sliver of hope in my mind is important. The progress is sloooooooow. (Especially slow for impatient little me.) I have to remind myself to think in terms of months and years, and not expect to see constant progress in the short term. I keep the title of Paul Loeb's book in mind. The impossible will take a little while. You can't do this political/social change stuff and live for immediate gratification, doncha know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home