Saturday, March 18, 2006

I took my digital camera with me today to the march and rally with the intention of uploading a pic or two here, but my batteries died after just a couple pictures. None of them are that great. Phooey.

There was a pretty sizable group of us out there despite the threat of rain. Probably a couple hundred people were at the Santa Fe Depot to meet the "Peace Train" coming from the north county, including the Super Sonic Samba School. When they arrived we all marched up to Balboa Park and joined the festival in progress. Lots of people! There were many tables set up by different organizations. They made it more of a peace festival this year so there was some artwork, and music, in addition to the usual speakers. It seemed to me they tried to make it a little more family friendly than it has been in the past. Faiza Al-Arji was the main speaker. She is the blogger that writes A Family in Baghdad, and is here with a group of other Iraqi women that were invited by Global Exchange and Code Pink. I was working the table and I missed most of her speech. :-( Bummer.

We sure lucked out on the weather. It was raining this morning, cleared up for the afternoon, and then after I got home it started raining again. Perfect timing!

I'm such a bad judge w/r/t counting people in large groups. I don't know how many people were there, but it was a bunch. More than in the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home