Sunday, March 12, 2006

I'm beat! I walked ten miles of the peace march today. I'm tired, but it was great.

They started in Tijuana at 6:30 this morning and I met them as they crossed the border into San Ysidro at about 10:45. We started walking at 11:30, and after a couple miles we came to a park where some of the other Code Pink women had set up a refreshment station. They had water, lemonade, fruit and cookies for everyone. It was nice...they had peace banners and signs decorating the area. Donna's cocker spaniel had on a lovely pink sweater. Very festive! After a snack and a tv interview or two with Fernando, we proceeded on down the road. It was a great group of people. I'm not sure how many of us were there. I never counted. Maybe 30-40.

Lynn Gonzalez of the San Diego Military Counseling Project met us a couple more miles down the road with sodas and pizzas. I really hope other folks will be so supportive as they make their way up the coast.

The end of the route was Chicano Park, but I didn't get that far. I stopped at E Street, and got home in time to see the news where they had a live shot of them entering the park! My legs were getting pretty tired so I figured I'd better not push it any further, especially in light of the fact that I had to have enough reserve energy to walk to the trolley to get home. I am sooooo glad I walked, and that Code Pink San Diego could support the march for peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home