Sunday, April 30, 2006

I had the opportunity to hear Lech Walesa speak on Friday on the SDSU campus, and his topic was the future of democracy in a globalized world. I really enjoyed seeing him and hearing his speech. He was very dynamic and charismatic, as he spoke about the challenges of globalization. Among other things, he urged the US to reclaim their moral leadership in the world. As he said (to paraphrase), the world knows you are the economic leader and the military leader. There is no doubt. However we are starting to wonder about your moral leadership.

Yeah, me too.

The SD Trib ran a pretty good article on his visit.

One of the things he talked about was how in the right time and the right place, one person can make a difference. I like hearing that! That's been a common topic at the speeches I've attended this year. I think it's an important point to make these days. I know I have to be reminded now and then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home