Sunday, July 23, 2006

I was thinking about something I said below, and decided I want to correct myself. I attended the panel discussion with David Swanson, Anne Wright and Paul Hackett at Democracyfest. I don't know what came over me, but I really was too impartial in my post. I was still mulling it over when I wrote it, but the more I've thought about it, the more I'm convinced that I should have been harder on Hackett, and given David Swanson credit. Hackett was louder and more obnoxious, but Swanson was right.

I also wish that Wright hadn't been so shut out of the conversation. Actually, it seemed to me that she got shouted out.

At the time I thought, Hackett could be someone that the progressive Democrats might want to think of as a person who shouldn't be thrown out in a search for the perfect. I think the inclination to do that hurts us sometimes.

On reflection it doesn't apply this time. I think there are things that can be learned from him, but he's not a candidate that would win my vote. I should have said that then instead of waiting til now.

Blogger Admits She Was Wrong! Film at 11!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home