Sunday, July 02, 2006

I'll tell you what I'd like to see. A web resource of progressive/liberal/Democratic sites, books, media, films, art, and political resources. Some kind of portal. I'd like it to have book and film reviews. I'd like to see links to non-profits doing political and grassroots work. I'd like it to reflect that fact that Democrats do, in fact, have ideas. I don't know why we let that go unchallenged. Well, I do know. We don't always have the same access to the outlets that allow the Republicans to spout their plans and policies. In the areas where we DO, we've not exploited the opportunity.

We could use a bit more fusion between groups and organizations. I'd like to see a little more coordination. If the left isn't going to have strong leadership, that's all the more reason for us to work together rather than just next to one another.

Actually I even like the narrowed down idea of a site that talks about and reviews the progressive books and movies that aren't getting MSM attention.

In that spirit, I created a link to a terryfaceplace bookshelf at Powells. I threw a handful of books on there that I've either read or had recommended to me over the past months. If you know of anything I might add, just let me know. I've put the link in the sidebar too so you can purchase books anytime by way of the affiliate program, and terryfaceplace will get the credit. Thankyouverymuch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home