Thursday, February 15, 2007

Are We A Democracy?

On 2/14 I attended a panel discussion entitled, Are We a Democracy? Vote Counting in the United States which featured Dr. Steven Freeman the author of Was The 2004 Presidential Election Stolen?

Yes, I know it was Valentines Day. I made my hubby take me to dinner first.

Freeman also appeared on Full Focus later that evening and the video can be found here.

The other speakers were Attorney Paul Lehto who spoke on "Legal and Political Standards for Verifying Democracy" and Attorney Ken Simpkins who's talk was about the need for election reform in San Diego.

It was a great presentation on the state of our system of elections, and Freeman and Lehto will be taking it on the road. I'll get more info about when and where and will post it here. It was worthwhile and interesting, and I recommend hearing them on this issue.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home