Monday, March 19, 2007

An update on the MoveOn poll...

Yesterday I gave a brief overview of why I don't support the Democratic Leadership's proposal regarding Iraq because it's NOT what I've been fighting for over the past four years. It's too full of loopholes, not to mention some unrelated pork.

MoveOn took a poll of members yesterday, and according to an email I just read that requests our presence at an out of Iraq vigil tonight, 80% of the respondants want MoveOn to back the plan put forth by the Democratic Leadership. I don't know about anyone else, but I've not spent four years of time, money and energy against this war and occupation to be satisfied with a half assed Democratic compromise that forks over more money to extend this debacle. I find it a tad ironic that MoveOn is hosting "out of Iraq" events at the same time they're willing to accept legislation that says "stay in Iraq".

And I was so hopeful that they'd gotten the message...

Sigh....

1 Comments:

Blogger nunya said...

Sometimes I wish I didn't understand that sigh. I do though.

3/19/2007 07:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home