Friday, April 13, 2007

Sometimes you find news at the most unexpected times....

I was taking my usual morning walk today, and there was a crumpled bit of newspaper, half on the sidewalk and half under a bush. As I walked past, the headline caught my eye.....Filner vows to oppose Blackwater in Potrero. Woo and Hoo. It was The East County Californian, which is an itty bitty local weekly circulation paper that has had the best coverage on the San Diego County Blackwater issue, by far. I really need to subscribe to that paper. I first found out about the Blackwater project when I saw a copy of The Californian sitting at the door of a Mexican restaurant in my neighborhood while I was waiting to be seated.

I didn't really want to pick up the crumpled, dirty newspaper to read the story, so you'll have to wait for further details. Your intrepid reporter will find a copy that won't squick me out to touch it, and I'll report back. I'm fussy that way.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger nunya said...

I'm not sure who's district it's in?

Mercenary camp coming right up

Did you find a copy of the paper?

4/13/2007 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

I did. I went back and picked up the newspaper that was on the ground!

Oh, the sacrifices I make for you! ;-)

I can't figure out who's district this plot of land is on. I'll find out. At first I thought it was Hunter, then I thought it was Filner. I guess their districts meet right there somewhere. I'll get the official word and report back.

4/13/2007 05:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home