Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Edwards in 08? Sold!

I'll tell you what. I'm sold on the John Edwards campaign. There was a conference call this evening addressed to grassroots supporters in California. I hadn't made up my mind on the candidates, but have been leaning towards Edwards, so when I got the call about the call, I said sign me up. I'm glad I took the time this evening to do that. I think he's my guy. I can support his position on Iraq. He's got the Vision Thing. He talks about poverty like no one has talked about poverty in a long damn time. His positions have some meat on them. They're not just sound bites. He's got policy to back up his ideas. They talk the talk about grassroots and netroots, and seem to have a great big clue on the importance of that. That's a good sign.

I like the Support the Troops End the War idea. Bush thinks he's the decider, AND the definer. It bugs the tar out of me that the far right has used "patriotism" as a battering ram agaisnt anyone that disagrees with them. They took patriotism, the flag AND the color red. That just ain't right.

I'm kinda partial to Edwards' One Corps too. In fact, this was my idea! Just in my own head, but I did think of it. Really.

One Corps is designed to encourange his supporters to provide service in their own communities. Not only a good idea but a smart campaign tool to get your supporters out and visible in the community.

I do agree with one thing in particular that was said on the call. Edwards can beat any of the Republican candidates that are lined up thus far. There's another big plus in my book.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger peter said...

dear terry,

how about al gore?

Excerpt: The Assault on Reason

peace, peter

5/17/2007 05:32:00 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

If Al Gore entered the race, I'd be forced to reconsider.

I liked Al Gore before it was cool to like Al Gore.

5/17/2007 05:56:00 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

and thank you for the link. I hadn't read that yet.

5/17/2007 06:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home