Friday, June 01, 2007

Switchfoot Bro-Am on Moonlight Beach

The Switchfoot Bro-Am is still on for tomorrow, June 2, at Moonlight Beach in Encinitas despite the oil spill that's forcing them to cancel the surf competition. So instead of surfing, there will be a "celebrity dodgeball competition" with "surprise guests".

Scary, yet intriguing.

This is the third annual charity event, and this year it will benefit Care House, a San Diego-based nonprofit that provides services to homeless teens.

In totally unrelated athletic type news, the Rock and Roll Marathon is tomorrow too. You can count me out on that one. Whew.

I'd rather sit on the beach with a cooler, and watch dodgeball.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger passenger said...

hi terry. just wondering, how do you know it's gonna be a "celebrity" dodgeball competition with "surprise guests"? thanks.

-phil
switchfeed.com

6/01/2007 11:03:00 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

Now you're going to make me try to remember where I saw the "celebrity" comment, aren't you? I was a bad blogger and didn't provide the links.

NBC called it a "celebrity" tournament. I probably shouldn't have put "surprise" in quotes...the Bro-Am website that said there would be special guests, but they were unnamed special guests. So to me that said, "surprise!"

6/02/2007 07:54:00 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

In a sad update, I didn't go because my daughter is supposed to come over today, but she's not shown up yet.

I guess I'll just have to sit in my front yard with that cooler.

6/02/2007 12:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home