Monday, July 02, 2007

Bush Commutes Libby's Sentence

Wow. It sure pays to have friends in high places.

And to think people were bitching about favoritism for Paris Hilton. What do you want to bet the same tough on crime folks think Libby getting out of his punishment is just fine and dandy?

I'm just sayin'.

I'm not surprised though. What does Bush have to lose at this point? Another percentage point on his approval rating?

White House statement

from Bloomberg
Bush has granted fewer pardons -- 113 -- than any president in the past 100 years, while denying more than 1,000 requests, said Margaret Colgate Love, the Justice Department's pardon attorney from 1990 to 1997.

In addition, Bush has denied more than 4,000 commutation requests, and hundreds of requests for pardons and commutations are still pending, Love said.


I guess prison is just for the peasants.

4 Comments:

Blogger beachblogger said...

dear terry,

didn't he promise to fire everyone involve in outing Plame? i think he emboldens the terrorists by subverting the courts this way. what a hypocrite.

peace, peter

7/02/2007 06:36:00 PM  
Blogger nunya said...

Taxes too sweetness, "Only the little people pay taxes."

Sorry, I couldn't resist, the snark just writes itself these days, doesn't it?

7/04/2007 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

Hi Peter, Did he actually say he'd fire the leaker? According to this 2004 CNN article he said that person would be "taken care of". I think they're taking real good care of Libby.

And nunya...do you know why I like you? Because I never have to explain my jokes or cultural references to you. I can allude to things and you never say "huh?" :-)

7/04/2007 01:03:00 PM  
Blogger nunya said...

Gracias, SeƱora Terry.

:)

7/05/2007 11:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home