Sunday, August 05, 2007

Bye Candace!

I've mentioned in the past that there are a lot of people that are never recognized nor acknowldged, that nonetheless put their blood, sweat and tears into bringing attention to the dreadful blunders of the Bush administration, and have done so since long before it was a popular national past-time. Candace Ross is one of those people. Candace has been the coordinator of San Diego's Code Pink chapter since 2003. She's moving to Nevada in a few days, so the current incarnation of the SD chapter is at it's end. If anyone is interested in taking a leadership role, let me know and I will hook you up.

But back to Candace....

I will miss her terribly. She is a wonderful friend. Candace has the courage of her deeply held convictions, a loving heart, and a generous nature. It seems that she knows everyone in the San Diego peace and social justice community, and she's been a pivotal, inspiring force in my own activism. I'll miss her, but I'm thrilled she has a opportunity to turn her peace activism into a full time vocation. How many people get the chance to turn their passion into a job!? You have to grab that when it comes along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home