Sunday, September 30, 2007

This and that Sunday

Hi all. I've been MIA from here quite a bit lately, for a variety of reasons including a new job which is sucking up all my brain power leaving precious little for anyone else. I think the pressure will ease as time goes on and I become acclimated to my new position. I hope so anyway. The few active brain cells remaining after work are generally devoted to my family, including figuring out what I'm going to feed them each night and who is going to clean the cat box since my son broke his arm playing football on Friday. (I have a suspicion I know the tragic answer to that question.)

I did get out for a bit yesterday to have lunch with a small group of John Edwards One Corps supporters and Jim Hester, who's running for Congress in the 52nd, but unfortunately he was a no-show. At this point, I don't know if there was miscommunication or if we were just blown off. All I know is that I'm a busy girl, and I found it quite annoying to be stood up. For the time being, I'm most impressed with Mike Lumpkin who's also running in the 52nd. It's early, but so far I find him to be likable, intelligent, and passionate about public service. I'm sure I'll be writing more about him as time goes on and the election gets closer.

Another thing I've meant to write about this past week, but ran out of hours in my days was
Bob McClellan's pathetically uninformed "constitutional moments" during City of El Cajon city council meetings.
I was especially bothered by Mayor Mark Lewis's comments that "I'm a born-again Christian and unless they (residents) elect all heathens, we're going to sneak a prayer in once in a while."

Got that? Forget about doing the city's business while you're working on the taxpayer's dime. The heathen citizens of El Cajon are desperately in need of some Christian education from their local government. That almost makes me wish I still lived in El Cajon so I could run for office. Almost.

Why is it that despite the fact that we live in a country where you can press your religious beliefs on others everywhere BUT within the government realm, that is exactly where they want to press it. Smells like theocracy to me, Bob.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home