Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Iron My Shirt, Part Deux

In case you've not already heard, the "protesters" at the Hillary event yesterday WERE attention grabbing nuts after all. Attention grabbing morning radio show staffers type nuts.

I thought the phrase rang a bell, but I couldn't place it. In my obsessive search for minutia, I ran across a mention of the same phrase being used to taunt protesters at the Masters Tournament a few years ago. Here's what more poking around on the Intertubes has revealed.

From Wikipedia: Rich Shertenlieb. Started as an intern for the Morning X, soon turned into the show's stunt guy. Most famous for his protest of Martha Burk at the Masters Tournament in Augusta, Georgia, where he held up a sign that said "Make Me Dinner/Iron My Shirt". This stunt was covered by ESPN and hundreds of other news organizations....Currently hosting a radio show with Fred Toucher and Crash Clark known as The Toucher and Rich show on WBCN in Boston.

The iron my shirts guys at the Hillary event work for ..... wait for it ..... The Toucher and Rich Show on WBCN in Boston. Rich = Rich Shertenlieb.

It was just the passing of the idiot torch from one generation to the next.

I can not stand morning drive radio shows with their blah blah blah djs, and "humor" that sounds like it was written by a 13 year old boys. Especially before coffee. My husband hates it when I get in his car in the morning and start punching buttons, looking for music, and muttering about blabbering fools 6:30 am.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mac Boles said...

"By a thirteen year old boys"? sure they're juvenile, but maybe grammar doesn't really matter in the life of an adult. Ahmmmmm...

1/31/2008 06:43:00 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

Uh-oh. The Typo Police have found me.

1/31/2008 07:46:00 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Thanks for this info; a lot of people were wanting to know that.

Love your blog.

3/27/2008 07:01:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just a bit of clarification:

the Toucher and Rich program on 104.1 WBCN in Boston is an afternoon drive time program for the eternally adolescent.

4/09/2008 07:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home