Thursday, May 15, 2008

on hiatus

Ok, it's offical. I admit it. I've not been around much lately. It's a combination of things, not the least of which is extreme fatigue. If I were a famous celebrity, I'd be "suffering from exhaustion" by now.

I've decided I should give myself permission to take a break from this rather than beating myself up for not fitting everything into everyday. Not that I'll never say another word (what a concept!), but it'll be sporadic for a bit. My day job has become much more intense. Longer days, more responsibility, greater work load, and much less brain power remaining at the end of the day. That pretty much sums it up. I'm running on fumes.

My remaining oomph has to go to mi familia in the evening and on weekends. Not to mention the house and the yard and the dog and the cat and the fish and the groceries and kitchen floor and the bills.

I can do it all, but I can't do it all at once.

I think I'll tell them that at work too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/17/2008 12:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I wonder what the deleted post was.

I hope work smoothes out for you. Nice to read here from time to time.

5/18/2008 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

It was nothing. Just a spam comment with a bunch of links. That's all I've ever deleted around here.

Thanks, Roy. I hope it smooths out soon too, but I don't expect it to for several months. Maybe in the Fall, if things go the way I'm hoping. In the meantime, I'm trying to find some balance, which means certain things have to go to the back burner for a while.

5/18/2008 11:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home