Thursday, October 09, 2008

She's baaaaack...

My last post was May 15th?!? How did this happen?

Actually, I know how it happened. It's a series of things. Work has been beyond insane, and all my brain power is used up every day by 6 pm. I've had the ever-popular family and financial issues. My hubby got laid off from his job. I'm considering cashing out my IRA before it's completely gone. I could keep it under my mattress. Maybe grandma was right afterall.

In other words, I've been preoccupied, exhausted and busy. Not necessarily in that order.

Then in August my mom had a stroke. She's in a rehab hospital in Idaho, which is much too far away for my liking. I'll be going up to see her again next week. She's improving but it's been extremely rough.

Jeez, that looks really bad all written down like that. No wonder I've been kind of crabby.

Speaking of crabby, I've still been reading the news. Good lordy. The economy is in freefall. We have Wall Street on welfare. McCain and Palin are swing wildly from hilarious to terrifying and back again....and again....and again. The right wing zealots are out in force. How can I NOT write about this stuff?

I'll try to do better. I promise. My husband is sick of listening to me rant anyway.

In the meantime, here's a little something from me to you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jesse Rubin said...

Glad you are back.

10/10/2008 08:25:00 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

Thanks! It's good to see you....it reminds me I need to come say hi to the Drinking Liberally gang one of these days soon.

10/11/2008 08:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home