Sunday, November 02, 2008

A better world

This No on 8 video really represents my feelings about voting No on Proposition 8. This is why I keep reasonably informed, and volunteer and donate to causes that support and promote peace and social justice. It's why I write about the things I write about. It's about my kids and grandkids. I want them to live in a more just world.

I got involved with peace and justice activists 8 years ago because I didn't like the hostile, aggressive and anti-democratic positions taken by the current resident of the White House, and I didn't want to have to someday in the future tell my grandkids I just sat on the sofa watching reruns of Law and Order in the early part of the century while the world blew up or while Democracy began to disappear in America.

I also don't want to sit idly by while Californians vote on whether we should constitutionally eliminate civil and legal rights for other Americans. My kids and grandkids don't deserve to live in that kind of world, and I'm not going to sit on my tuchas while it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home